Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tommorrow tomorrow tomorrow!

Y'all. I'm too excited.

My first appointment is TOMORROW (in case you missed the title of this post).

Yesterday I was having a minor panic attack. I've been really worried that something is going to be wrong when we go in tomorrow and there won't be a baby. I've read too many horror stories (seriously, someone keep me off the internet please), and so I've just had this crazy fear of miscarriage dominating my thoughts and preventing me from being super excited.

Then Brad emailed me this... "Also, don't be nervous about Friday, it will be a lot of fun. You've been waiting for this appointment for months now. There's like a 5-7% chance you have a blighted ovum [i.e. no baby], so that is also nothing to get upset about. We've got a better chance of having twins [!!!!]. Everything will be fine and great, just wait"

Hold me while I melt over here. Isn't he the best?

So now I've entered full excitement mode. I'm really hoping for some type of ultrasound or heartbeat doppler check (and will request one if it's not offered) to ease my fears about a healthy baby growing inside me. I just.can't.wait.

And then we get to tell everyone the great news! I'm so excited to tell my sister (though she'll be mad that she's the last one to know), and Brad's family is going to go NUTS. His dad and sister in particular are (I think) going to be the most fun to tell :)

Until tomorrow!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment