Thursday, January 2, 2014

Almost 9 weeks!

And time marches on.

I'm 8 weeks 6 days today, and things are progressing along slowly. I'm still bloated and feel pretty gross 90% of the time. Foods that make me gag include salad (what?!), hummus, and CHOCOLATE. No joke. That last one is killing me (and helped Brad to realize that being pregnant is not the same as having PMS).

I threw up in the bushes last Monday. It's funny because I've felt almost constantly nauseous, but never actually gotten sick. So when I felt like I might throw up on Monday morning on my way out of the house, I shrugged it off. Thirty seconds later, I'm hovered over the bushes. Not a pretty sight.

Besides that, things are good. New Years Eve was pretty lame - I fell asleep at 9:45 (but woke up at 11:45 in time to give Brad a kiss and drink some sparkling cider!). New Years Day was spent entirely in pajamas, alternating between football and naps. It was heavenly. I can't believe that this is the year we're having a baby! Insane.

Here's my week 8 picture. Still no bump - just bloat. I actually bought some maternity gear at an Old Navy sale this week. Pretty surreal! Mostly just basic tops that are a little longer than normal (which honestly, I like for non-pregnancy wear), but I did pick up a pair of maternity jeans. My goodness they're comfy. Right now I'm sticking with the rubber band trick or the Be-Bands to keep my unbuttoned pants laying flat, but I'm excited to make the switch over!


I had lunch with my momma today. It was great to spend a little extra time with her. And I think we're heading to Richmond this weekend to take a class on tiling (we'd like to put up a nice little backsplash in the kitchen), so we'll get to see my family again there too.

All I can say right now is, thank GOODNESS it's already Thursday. I could use a Wednesday off every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment