Monday, July 21, 2014

37 weeks. Full term!

I'm totally ready for this little girl to make her grand appearance.

Sleep has been rough lately. And I know that won't actually get better once she's here, but I'm a great napper and even that has been terrible. I woke up every 20 minutes last night with my hip/butt throbbing. It's just so hard to get comfortable!  And the heat. Yuck. I could do without that (and I've been super lucky - it hasn't even been that hot out this summer!)

Enough complaining though - overall things are still going really really well (and I do still love being pregnant... I'm just looking forward to being a mom even more!).

I'm down to weekly OB appointments. Two weeks ago (36 weeks) I was 1 cm dilated, and a week later I was already up to 2 cm and 50% effaced. Baby girl is at 0 station, so she's hanging real low which is exciting (and evident if you take a look at my bump compared to a few weeks ago!). Doc said he expected me to go at or around my due date... probably not too much later... which is really exciting. It's also a little nerve-wracking that she really could come any day now! The little bit of sleep that I was able to get last night was filled with dreams of water-breaking and labor. Every time I'd wake up thinking it was happening, but no such luck :)

Yesterday we spent the afternoon out on the James River with my family. It was nice to see all of them and be outside for a bit. And probably the last time it will be just the 7 of us!



Without further ado, my most recent bump pictures. Once the baby comes, I'll have to do a post of all of them progressing through... it's fun to compare the early pictures where I was just wishing for a little hint of a bump! And I never thought I was that skinny, but looking back... damn I'd take that.




No comments:

Post a Comment