Monday, June 30, 2014

Picture Update.

It's been a while.

Things are humming along here pretty well. I had a checkup on the 16th that Brad came to (he's been skipping most of them since they're about 30 seconds long and pretty uneventful). We had a few questions for Dr. Wolanski about the birthing process, cord blood donation, etc etc. We got to hear our little girl's heartbeat again (there's seriously nothing better!) and Dr. W said I'm measuring great and should expect a regular old 7 lb baby come August. Brad and I both laughed at him when he said that -- we were both over 9 lbs and two of the smallest from our families. 7lb is not likely. I'm going to go ahead and expect at least 9, and be pleasantly surprised if it works out another way :)

I had my baby shower on the 21st! It was absolutely amazing. Corey (and Michelle and the two grandmas) did such an amazing job - I seriously loved it. It was a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower (my favorite childhood book), and the weather held out perfectly so it was in the gardens right off the Lawn at UVA. My friend's daughter, Eloise, helped me open presents (she's so cute!) and we sat around and chatted and ate delicious carrot cake. It was a great day and I felt so loved and supported! We closed off the evening by heading out to a local brewery for dinner, which was a lot of fun.

My friend Caroline took some great pictures at the shower that I'll include below, including the real bunny that crashed the party!




















Then this past weekend, I threw a FRIENDS-themed couples bridal shower for my friend Katie, who is getting married at the end of August. Again, we lucked out on weather and had a fantastic day!








Brad painted the nursery (mint green) and I finished my first baby blanket :) Now we're just waiting on the rest of the furniture to come and and getting ready for the little one to arrive!



And now another progression of bump pictures from the last few weeks...








No comments:

Post a Comment