Monday, May 19, 2014

Well Eff.

I had my monthly checkup this morning. Baby's heartbeat sounds good, and I'm measuring normal, so that's all good and I'm very thankful for that.

I did get the awesome news that I failed my 1 hour glucose screening test that I took on Friday. My number came back at 161 and they like to see it below 140.

Not a huge deal, but it means I need to take the three hour test on Wednesday. I have to fast from midnight-on and be at the outpatient center by 7am. Oh joy.

I was panicking/upset/freaking out when I first got the news that I failed (despite the doc being unconcerned and telling me that there are lots of false positives). I know that gestational diabetes is easily controlled with diet and medication, and that it's nothing I did that could cause it - it's hormonal imbalances - but still. It's frustrating and annoying. I did some reading and found out that only 1:3 people that fail the one hour test actually fail the three hour test, so there's still hope that we're good. And it's definitely good that we caught it if GD is going to be an issue!

I'm just grumpy because I don't want to have to meticulously watch my diet like I probably should...

Back to the beach on Friday! I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment