Sunday, February 16, 2014

Update

Well I wrote this on Wednesday but just got around to posting it today... Whoops.

So things have been a little hectic lately. My bosses graduate school advisor passed away, so I stepped up and went to a trade show in his place last Thursday and Friday in DC. It definitely wasn't horrible, but it certainly wasn't home.

I got home on Saturday afternoon just in time to hang out with Brad's parents. They were visiting for the weekend which is always great - I just felt bad missing half their trip!
On Sunday we went to run some errands, which included a quick stop by Babies-R-Us. We had a lot of fun pushing strollers (I like ones that fold easily and are tall at the handlebars - two things I wouldn't have thought of!) and looking and baby things. It was definitely a reminder of how expensive this endeavor is going to be. As much as we can appreciate gifts from our parents and family/friends, they won't be gifting us the big things like a crib and rocking chair and a dresser. Those are things were going to have to start looking for now!
So we want to make sure we go for function over fashion on these - picking out a chair that will work for nighttime feedings but also for reading stories to our eventual toddler(s)? Furniture that the child can grow with - and maybe take to college someday (though I doubt we'll spend enough for something that high quality!) We want to make sure that these purchases are the right ones, so we're going to have to get started with some research!!

On Tuesday I left for NJ with my boss and another coworker. I knocked my presentation out of the park, and they dropped me off at the airport where I'm currently on my way to meet Brad in Seattle for some fun! Let me just say - My goodness traveling is a pain when you're pregnant. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just me, but I feel bad asking them to stop every hour like I want to, so I have to basically dehydrate myself instead. Yuck. Also, a pregnant girls gotta eat! Thank goodness I've been good about keeping snacks on hand. There were a few times I thought I was going to be sick from a lack of eating (if that even makes sense). Besides that, I've been feeling great.  Still a little tired and run down, but nothing too terrible. I know this is the easy phase, but so far I love being pregnant!

That's all I got for now. Belly pic to come soon, I swear. It's really there now. I couldn't wear half my dress clothes this week at this presentation. Thank goodness for the belly band and hiding completely unbuttoned pants. Shhhh don't tell anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment